Spacing the seat up for the renntec rack

ALL your B model questions, technical and otherwise answered

Moderators: RAFlyer, Steve-TC1, yorkie, tangosevern

ChrisR
Ninja Guru
Ninja Guru

Spacing the seat up for the renntec rack

Post by ChrisR »

Hi all,iv just fitted a Renntec rack to my 94 zx9.If you have fit 1 then you will know that you have to use spacing plates under the seat mountings in order to raise the seat up.I have done that and the seat will click back in place but u have to literally put all your weight on it.

Is that rite ? Or am i supposed to use the spacer plates as well as the origanal plates? The instructions say replace the origanal 1s.

If any 1 has fit 1 before than advice would be great ... Cheers Chris

1isneverenough 4/11/2007
---------------------------
9 less :(
Gordy Crazyjambo
The Tubster

Re: Spacing the seat up for the renntec rack

Post by Gordy Crazyjambo »

No,its not right mate.Im sure i just used the original spacer plates. Seat clicked in place straight away.It should just take one dunt down on it to shut it so make sure everything lines up ok with the locking mechanism.WD it also incase its locked up a bit.

PS slightly longer bolts are required if you also want to have helmet carry brackets too.

STOP FECKIN TALKING AND GET THE DRINKS IN EH?

ChrisR
Ninja Guru
Ninja Guru

Post by ChrisR »

cheers m8 ill have another look at it. as for these helmet hooks .. mine hasnt got any ? I think the previous owner must off removed them.Does any 1 have a pick off what they should look like ?

1isneverenough 4/11/2007
ninjatrucker
Privateer
Privateer

Post by ninjatrucker »

hi mate just had a look at mine i used the little flat spacers at the front but not at the back just put the lock back on top of the rack

truck drivin ninja ridin old git THAT BE ME THEN LOL
Gordy Crazyjambo
The Tubster

Post by Gordy Crazyjambo »

The helmet lock brackets are hard to come by now mate. Havent got a pic yet but will try to get you one as mine are still off trying to get the right bolts.Handy as feck tho unless you really like carrying your lid around all the time.

STOP FECKIN TALKING AND GET THE DRINKS IN EH?

ChrisR
Ninja Guru
Ninja Guru

Post by ChrisR »

Gordy Crazyjambo wrote:The helmet lock brackets are hard to come by now mate. Havent got a pic yet but will try to get you one as mine are still off trying to get the right bolts.Handy as feck tho unless you really like carrying your lid around all the time.
Cheers m8 !

1isneverenough 4/11/2007
bobtheimp
Ninja Guru
Ninja Guru

Post by bobtheimp »

Gordy Crazyjambo wrote:The helmet lock brackets are hard to come by now mate. Havent got a pic yet but will try to get you one as mine are still off trying to get the right bolts.Handy as feck tho unless you really like carrying your lid around all the time.
Yes they are ..... I regularly all others to hang their helmets on my hooks because their inferior ride doesn't have provision for them....ah, they joys of owning the est bike :D