brake discs

ALL your E model questions, technical and otherwise answered

Moderators: RAFlyer, Steve-TC1, yorkie, tangosevern

mjonahzx9r
Mechanic
Mechanic

brake discs

Post by mjonahzx9r »

:? hi all has any1 fitted the galfer wave disc speed kit ? if so how good r they? {E1 model}

redonesarefaster
Mechanic
Mechanic

Re: brake discs

Post by redonesarefaster »

Fitted Galfers to mine.

No great difference in stopping power but they do look good. The only problem so far was the spring washers under the clips on the floaters all snapped on the right hand disc. This happened on a rather harsh trip to the nurburgring. Sorted easily and at the expense of galfer themselves. Spoke to galfer directly and they reassured me they are only there to stop the discs rattling around and there was no safety issues. My mate has the BRAKING discs and they seem to be built better and look nicer.

Personally, i feel there isnt enough initial bite from the galfer pads so im going to try carbon lorraine next time.

Put simply, if i had the money and the choice again, i would opt for the BRAKING wavey discs with carbon lorraine pads. They are easier to come across online so you will be able to pick them up cheaper as well.

peasngravie
WSB Rider
WSB Rider

Re: brake discs

Post by peasngravie »

I have stealth wavy discs and HH ebc pads and simply cannot stop in the pissin rain. its pretty messed up when you have a big delay until heat gets into them, when it does they work well though.

Imagine 70 mph pull the brakes.........nothing...........nothing at all..........then.....ahhh theyre they are.

Still its not rained for a while, so its all good :lol:

Lube me up - I'm coming through!