I'm shocked. Shocked, I tell you!

For all your Racing and trackday Chat

Moderators: RAFlyer, yorkie, tangosevern, Steve-TC1

e1_ZX-9r
Admin
Location: Blackfoot, ID: ZX-9R sE1*, E1, & sF1*; all CA EVAP models. * Supercruise capable

I'm shocked. Shocked, I tell you!

Post by e1_ZX-9r » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:52 pm

MotoGP.com wrote:Red Bull Gran Premio de España postponed - MotoGP.com

Due to the ongoing coronavirus outbreak, the event at the Circuito de Jerez-Angel Nieto has been postponed
I was one who didn't really understand this Covid-19 thing being as serious as it is turning out to be. I believed the racing season would be delayed, but would resume after things returned to normal. :-( :retard:
Kawasaki ZX-9R Ninja EVAP sE1. At the track she's said to be outclassed, but on the street, she reigns unmatched. You’re encouraged to challenge that claim. I pick the course. -- Mods: Carbureted, not Fuel Injected, Nissin caliper upgrade, SuperTrapp Aluminum Racing Series exhaust (Made in USA), ZG sport-touring shield, Keihin rejetted, AEM wideband AFR gauge, éan creiche malar stripes. (U.S.A./U.K.). Tank range in miles: 240 minimum.

obsidian
WSB Rider
WSB Rider

Re: I'm shocked. Shocked, I tell you!

Post by obsidian » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:48 pm

Tbh., I think it's more of a financial decision in this particular case than them worrying about the virus.
Sure, it's a higher risk and all that but in theory they could limit the people involved to a minimum, making everyone do a covid test beforehand,
the team wearing masks, etc. and - this is the important part - no spectators, no media, no posing models, .. nothing like that.
Just the ppl. required for the actual racing and only TV/web broadcasting.
..but why would they wanna do that now(?)
'02 9R / '92 ZXR750

Zed1
Privateer
Privateer

Re: I'm shocked. Shocked, I tell you!

Post by Zed1 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:23 pm

Err sorry but are yanks odd ?!?!?!