LOWERING HELP

ALL your B model questions, technical and otherwise answered

Moderators: RAFlyer, Steve-TC1, yorkie, tangosevern

Gordy Crazyjambo
The Tubster

LOWERING HELP

Post by Gordy Crazyjambo »

Whats the best way to lower a B3/4? I know a short arse with one and hes wanting it lowered (chuckle chuckle). I suggested he let the air out the tyres but he hasnt listened to me for some reason???? Ive seen the 2 shock bar lowering thingys on ebay etc but they only do them from C1 onwards, any idea if they are the same? Suggestions please folks.

STOP FECKIN TALKING AND GET THE DRINKS IN EH?

Steve-TC1
Top Cat

Re: LOWERING HELP

Post by Steve-TC1 »

longer dog bones and dropping the yokes is the best way , i'm not sure about the length of bs dog bones [tie bars ] compared to cs/es/fs , maybe someone [yourself maybe :D ] could nip out and have a measure for us :D , bolt center to bolt center please , cs/es/fs are 185mm as std

ps . also make sure his rear shock ride height adjuster nut is set to minimum and you could knock some preload off if he's not to heavy

Gordy Crazyjambo
The Tubster

Post by Gordy Crazyjambo »

Thanks Steve =D> , thought that was the way to go. I get my fairings back from paint tomorrow so will head up lockup and measure my ones before weekend. Hopefully they will be same as nobody seems to list them for Bs (as usual)

STOP FECKIN TALKING AND GET THE DRINKS IN EH?

bobtheimp
Ninja Guru
Ninja Guru

Post by bobtheimp »

Or, he could wear really big boots..... :D

lost
Privateer
Privateer

Post by lost »

bought my dog bones from these http://www.bikefarmmv.de/EN/index.php

i love my bike
2face

Post by 2face »

have a word with giddy brum his wife upholsters seats maybe shave a little off and have it redone. psycho shell did hers me thinks .. i am sure some one will correct me . :)

Lorcan
Mechanic
Mechanic

Post by Lorcan »

I made my own links with 210mm centres out of 1.25 x 0.25" ally bar. Cut down seat off ebay, drop the forks through 25mm and a lowering strap to tie down the front another 50mm makes the seat about 4" lower than stock. Not very good for roundabouts but great for drag racing!

810cc - 211mph