streetfightered b1

ALL your B model questions, technical and otherwise answered

Moderators: RAFlyer, Steve-TC1, yorkie, tangosevern

anthony
Just arrived

streetfightered b1

Post by anthony »

hi this is my problem my bike has been streetfightered but not by me . Lets start at the beginning bike still has standard air box with k&N filter but no air scoops . The carbs look standard still with reed valve pipes attached but cut off under air filter . The twin pipes from the rocker cover still run to the air box but seem to make loads of noise.I seem to be getting a stutter at 3000/4000 and i cant hear any noise from the fuel pump
Well now the questions can i take off the carb pipes and join the rocker cover pipes together to cut down the noise as i have seen a kit car zx9r engine done this way .last question what will the bike run like with no fuel pump

2face

Re: streetfightered b1

Post by 2face »

torquec1 were r u ???

cat695
Mechanic
Mechanic

Post by cat695 »

last question what will the bike run like with no fuel pump[/quote]

Like old people F*CK :lol:

sorry thats no help but felt it had to be said.... i would have thought no fuel pump means errattic fuel delivery (if any) but get the feeling the vacum caused would draw it through, but like i said errattic (ie if going up hill or down)

as to the rest ask me a question quantum physics would be easier :lol:

I would love to see it from your point of view officer, but i can't get my head so far up my ass
2face

Post by 2face »

ram need sorting to ..

Steve-TC1
Top Cat

Post by Steve-TC1 »

ye you can just join those two clean air pipes on the cyl head ,

your carbs need the smaller equalizer pipes that fit in the ram air snout positioning properly [this is a bit of messing about as theres no set position , cammy made up some snouts for his c model fighter ] these equalize pressure in your carbs otherwise the main ram air is blowing fuel back down the jets

you need your fuel pumpby the way

anthony
Just arrived

Post by anthony »

Hi iam in nuneaton by coventry the bike seems to pull well from over 4500 rev right to the red line. i have had 150 speedo reading showing but bike dos seem to hunt at idel .when iam ridding it in low gears the bike seems to likes revs more than throttle you can wack it open you can hear the carbs sucking air but it dos'nt seem to take off until the revs get up a bit.over 6000 and it singing . this may just be me as iv just got off a big single and a 1200 bandit before that both had loads of low down grunt but dont get me wrong this still one fast bike and keep changing over 6000 and ill be banned before the weeks out . the fuel pump dos not make any noise when you turn on the bike on iv diconnected the wire connector and still nothing but there is power getting to it any help would be great

Steve-TC1
Top Cat

Post by Steve-TC1 »

if you just disconect the fuel pump on it's far[outlet to carbs ] side and put that end into a jar you should see it pump fuel once ignition is on , if not you need a pump ,

you sure the clutch is ok by the way , the zx9s not got the grunt of a 1200 bandit but it should still be strong low down ,

tickovers not the zx9s strong point [lumpy]but this sounds like air gettting in [sucking sound ]or lack of fuel [fuel playing catch up poss due to only being fed by gravity rather than pump ] check that fuel pump and filter and that theres an air filter fitted and all ram air tubes [small and large] are connected behind the fairing