new brake hoses/pads

Your technical questions and comments that are related to all ZX-9R models

Moderators: RAFlyer, Steve-TC1, yorkie, tangosevern

daveonyx
BSB Rider
BSB Rider

new brake hoses/pads

Post by daveonyx »

I'm soon gonna be replacing my hoses and pads. From what i've read HH is the way to go for pads but is there any real noticable diference between the likes of ferodo and EBC, or are they all much of a likeness?

Same again with the hoses, i'm going to be buying hel hoses (with the use of the 25% discount courtesey of ZX9R.net =D> ) but is there a distinct advantage over using 2 seperate lines rather than 3 with a splitter?

Steve-TC1
Top Cat

Re: new brake hoses/pads

Post by Steve-TC1 »

you won't go wrong with any of those pads i don't think

get shut of the splitter if you can , it's just another area for air to trap , plus the less joins in the syatem the better

daveonyx
BSB Rider
BSB Rider

Post by daveonyx »

Cheers torque, sorry if i keep asking dead boring questions that everybody already knows, but if ya don't ask you'll never know!

peasngravie
WSB Rider
WSB Rider

Post by peasngravie »

daveonyx wrote:Cheers torque, sorry if i keep asking dead boring questions that everybody already knows, but if ya don't ask you'll never know!
Not at all mate, Its the whole point in being here. :D It was a simple answer - for the likes of Torque :lol:

Dave (Jack of all trades, Master of none :lol: )

Lube me up - I'm coming through!
F.B.
BSB Rider
BSB Rider

Post by F.B. »

peasngravie wrote:Not at all mate, Its the whole point in being here. :D It was a simple answer - for the likes of Torque :lol:
:ditto

I would rather be scared to death than bored to death
Gold
WSB Rider
WSB Rider

Post by Gold »

dont worry mate i thought a scottoiler was the remote for the shock on hey9r's #-o everyone on here are so helpful, thats why its the best bike dedicated forum on the net, and all the hard work jan and si put in of course =D> =D> =D>

Ninja Cowboy R.I.P Never Forgotten Dude

Lifes Punchbag !

Some people are like Slinkies. They have no real purpose but they still make you smile when you push them down the stairs
Chris
Mechanic
Mechanic

Post by Chris »

Gold wrote:dont worry mate i thought a scottoiler was the remote for the shock on hey9r's #-o everyone on here are so helpful, thats why its the best bike dedicated forum on the net, and all the hard work jan and si put in of course =D> =D> =D>
i agree.. i know errrm sod all about bikes really but im getting there thanks to the nice people on here :D :supz:

Steve-TC1
Top Cat

Post by Steve-TC1 »

Cheers torque, sorry if i keep asking dead boring questions that everybody already knows, but if ya don't ask you'll never know!
no worries m8 anytime :D
Not at all mate, Its the whole point in being here. It was a simple answer - for the likes of Torque

Dave (Jack of all trades, Master of none )
:lol: :lol:

peasngravie
WSB Rider
WSB Rider

Post by peasngravie »

Gold wrote:dont worry mate i thought a scottoiler was the remote for the shock on hey9r's #-o everyone on here are so helpful, thats why its the best bike dedicated forum on the net, and all the hard work jan and si put in of course =D> =D> =D>
Nevermind Cliff, I could have seen you mistaking the Scottoiler for a Sex Toy in the past, Just goes to show we can all take something from this experience :lol:

This surely is a place where we can all teach each other things, and learn from each other, and in general better ourselves :D

Crikey, even i can give advice to anyone on a forum........And my advice would be..

DONT EXPECT A SENSIBLE ANSWER FROM ME :lol:
:D

Lube me up - I'm coming through!
daveonyx
BSB Rider
BSB Rider

Post by daveonyx »

ive been on other bike forums where theres loads of bickering, ppls accounts being deleted, and mainly general chat all over the forum but i must admit this site scares me a little :shock: cos it's moderated very well with speedy replies too (psychobikers).
Oh! and friendly members as well!! :D
there's a nice atmosphere on here (thats if a forum can have one)

and as for the simple answers, that's how i like em ;)

Steve-TC1
Top Cat

Post by Steve-TC1 »

this site scares me a little cos it's moderated very well with speedy replies too (psychobikers).
Oh! and friendly members as well!!
there's a nice atmosphere on here (thats if a forum can have one)

and as for the simple answers, that's how i like em
Good to hear it :D

MacPsycho Andy!
WSB Rider
WSB Rider

Post by MacPsycho Andy! »

daveonyx wrote: with speedy replies too (psychobikers).
That's only cos I've got verbal diarrohea and no-one has found a way to get me to shut the f*ck up yet! :lol: :lol:

Well we all consider this to be the very BEST 9R site on the 'net - glad to hear some of the newbies think so too, Dave.

And if you think the members are friendly on the forum, get yourself along to a meet and see them face to face - there are some really great people on this here site. :D

Andy :retard:

hey9r
Arthur Scargill
Arthur Scargill

Post by hey9r »

psychobikers! wrote: That's only cos I've got verbal diarrohea and no-one has found a way to get me to shut the f*ck up yet! :lol: :lol:

Andy :retard:

GIVE HIM A CAKE THAT'LL DO IT FOR A WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE WHILE :lol: Hey Andy

It ain't over till your in deep!

"It's only a sport if you use a ball. It's a REAL sport if you use 2!"

Get on 2 wheels... and if you think you're good, get on 1!"
MacPsycho Andy!
WSB Rider
WSB Rider

Post by MacPsycho Andy! »

OHHHH YES!! :drool :lol:

F.B.
BSB Rider
BSB Rider

Post by F.B. »

daveonyx wrote:ive been on other bike forums where theres loads of bickering, ppls accounts being deleted, and mainly general chat all over the forum but i must admit this site scares me a little :shock: cos it's moderated very well with speedy replies too (psychobikers).
We will take that as a massive compliment Dave and say 'Thank you very much!' We know exactly what you mean about other forums, and it 'aint gonna happen here.

I would rather be scared to death than bored to death