ALL your C model questions, technical and otherwise answered

Moderators: RAFlyer, Steve-TC1, yorkie, tangosevern

jason1
WSB Rider
WSB Rider

Brake Pads

Post by jason1 »

Hi,

I am due to put in new pads very soon, I would like to get a bit more stopping power has anyone upgraded their pads?

If so which pads do you use? There are loads of options out there so just testing the water.

I already have goodridge hoses but with the standard pads I find the brakes aren't as good as they can be.

Cheers all

MacPsycho Andy!
WSB Rider
WSB Rider

Re: Brake Pads

Post by MacPsycho Andy! »

HH on both our bikes :D

Steve-TC1
Top Cat

Post by Steve-TC1 »

heard good reports on ferrodo road pads [can't think of the name :? ]

jason1
WSB Rider
WSB Rider

Post by jason1 »

Thanks guys,

Is there such a thing as Green stuff, Red stuff pads I know you can get these for cars but so far not found any for bikes..

I have seen alot of pads for sale on Ebay but I am unsure which is the best.
I will keep investigating and see what I can find on the internet.

MacPsycho Andy!
WSB Rider
WSB Rider

HH are supposed to be the most grippiest (or wotever the technical term is :lol: ) We've both noticed a big improvement in our braking efficiency since we fitted them. :smt023

By the way, HH is not a brand name - I think it's the equivalent to the red stuff'green stuff you mentioned.

jason1
WSB Rider
WSB Rider

Post by jason1 »

Cheers Dude,

Where did you get yours from?

And what do I ask for? Sorry fo being a bit of a numbnut but I havn't upgraded pads before always made do standard.

MacPsycho Andy!
WSB Rider
WSB Rider

My mate who owns a car shop (he's a biker tho) recommended them and got them for us.

There's some back ones on ebay here:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/EBC-HH-REAR-BRAKE ... 0050142962

It might be an idea to drop him an e-mail and see if he has front ones in stock too.

Steve-TC1
Top Cat

Post by Steve-TC1 »

i wouldn't bother with HH on the rear , just stick a cheap set in

http://www.bfmmotorcycles.co.uk/catalog ... /index.jsp has both Ebc and ferrodo + others

jason1
WSB Rider
WSB Rider

Post by jason1 »

Thanks people,

Will give them a try, I use theback brake quite alot, unusal I know but that was how I was taught all them years ago :lol:

I will stick standard on the back and HH on the front and see what that feels like,

Thanks again.

thinkgreen
WSB Rider
WSB Rider

Post by thinkgreen »

i use ebc hh pads think there loads better. the wheels dont get any brake dust on them and i havn't had the discs glaze up since ive had them. the only bad point of them i find the really noisy when braking but i can live wi that

Chris_ZX9C2
Just arrived

Post by Chris_ZX9C2 »

thinkgreen wrote:i use ebc hh pads think there loads better. the wheels dont get any brake dust on them and i havn't had the discs glaze up since ive had them. the only bad point of them i find the really noisy when braking but i can live wi that
I also have to EBC HH pads in the front, and they are noisy, but they stop well. I have also heard good things about Carbon Loraine SBK 5 and ferodo sinter grip (Road) not RACE. but have never used them.

hope this helps rather than confuses

Andyp
WSB Rider
WSB Rider

Post by Andyp »

i have use Carbon Lorraines on mine front & rear this time round, no complaints, apart from the price :shock:

abacky
BSB Rider
BSB Rider

Post by abacky »

I am using ferodo pads at the moment but they seem to need to be warm for good use, i will be going back to EBC HH pads the next change as i find them more consistant.
I think i still have the original pads in the rear and thats with 38000 milesDont use the rea brakes much.
If you want to make a big differance to your braking fit a brembo 19/20 ratio master cylinder, then you have one finger stopping.

The older i get the faster i was
stevoZX9
Privateer
Privateer

Post by stevoZX9 »

not upgraded pads yet,not till summer but i recently fitted goodridge lines & the difference was huge
one thing i noticed b4 fitting these was that the top & bottom caliper pistons was'nt pressing as hard as the middle one(both sides) but now they work ten times better!
could've have been down to rubber hoses which some say is a week point on the 9

Chris
Mechanic
Mechanic

Post by Chris »

wheres the best place to get a set of pads looks like i'm going to have to change my front ones soon