Somethings going on with my bike

Your general motorcycle talk forum - rides, things, places, happenings, etc,...

Moderators: RAFlyer, yorkie, tangosevern, Steve-TC1

Davida24
Privateer
Privateer

Somethings going on with my bike

Post by Davida24 »

Newbie here!! WHOO WHOO still learning about the zx9 last night i put brand new clutches in and it drove home fine but this morning i started it and let it warm up and when i went to go drive it, almost seemed like the clutches werent pulling as i was letting the clutch out. this has happened before and my clutches were burned by it, if i drive it cold it wont do it but i know thats bad for the bike but its my only transportation at the moment so trying to figure out the solution if anyones ran in to this problem before. :Hlp :oops:
tangosevern
Ninja Guru
Ninja Guru

Re: Somethings going on with my bike

Post by tangosevern »

Heya,greetings,post up model/year of yer zx9r.
If it's cable clutch...start from there !check cable moves freely in outer-case..then move down to the clutch case clutch/lever mechanism.
zx9r B Hydraulic,check the slave cylinder/master cylinder.
You take the blue pill—the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill—you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes. Remember: all I'm offering is the truth.
Davida24
Privateer
Privateer

Re: Somethings going on with my bike

Post by Davida24 »

tangosevern wrote: 12 Mar 2022, 15:57 Heya,greetings,post up model/year of yer zx9r.
If it's cable clutch...start from there !check cable moves freely in outer-case..then move down to the clutch case clutch/lever mechanism.
zx9r B Hydraulic,check the slave cylinder/master cylinder.
it ended up being the clutch cable was getting stuck. :cheers thank you!!! \:D/