Front discs

Your general motorcycle talk forum - rides, things, places, happenings, etc,...

Moderators: RAFlyer, yorkie, tangosevern, Steve-TC1

billybaws
Privateer
Privateer

Front discs

Post by billybaws »

Afternoon i have a zx9r c1 and i need fronts discs for it. Anyone bought any lately and recommend some.
Grinsaki
WSB Rider
WSB Rider

Re: Front discs

Post by Grinsaki »

Bought TRW disks for the B a few months ago. They are holding up great and perform very well. Build quality is same or maybe better then OEM. (thicker)
I chose the standard disks bc I don't like the wavy stuff on the old girl. :D
Happily driving and refurbishing a ZX-9R B1 8)

Past bikes:
Quite a few...mostly the ones that will hurt you due to self overrated driving abilities and lean angles... :D
tangosevern
Ninja Guru
Ninja Guru

Post by tangosevern »

If you buy the Chinaman discs, spin the bobbins as they are tight and are near lethal when used first owing to stiff lateral movement,knocking the calliper pistons=increase of the braking distance,Chinaman discs seemed (to me) to be stainless steel ,the better discs have a higher iron content/a little softer,so provide better braking.Cheaper to buy Chinaman discs from Aliexpress
EBC
TRW
Black Shadow
Galfer
Brembo
You take the blue pill—the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill—you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes. Remember: all I'm offering is the truth.
tangosevern
Ninja Guru
Ninja Guru

Post by tangosevern »

Hit fazer thou
Give fazerthou a bump,on here,he's breaking a 9r C. :smt023
You take the blue pill—the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill—you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes. Remember: all I'm offering is the truth.
mick66
Moto GP Rider
Moto GP Rider

Post by mick66 »

I've used Chinese Arashi discs.. cheap..used em on road and track.. never had any issues on either of my bikes.
I appreciate people wouldn't risk it..but thats my experience.