If only I was British, this would be my helmet.

Your Off-Topic Chat

Moderators: RAFlyer, yorkie, tangosevern, Steve-TC1

e1_ZX-9r
Admin
Location: Blackfoot, ID: 50-state CA EVAP ZX-9R sE1.5*, sE1* (GKF), & sF1* models; * Supercruise capable

If only I was British, this would be my helmet.

Post by e1_ZX-9r »

It could use a little more lime green though. :D Would be perfect if I was a British ex-patriot living in Brazil.

I like hi-vis.
Kawasaki ZX-9R Ninja EVAP sE1. At the track she's said to be outclassed, but on the street, she reigns unmatched. It's a years old claim, challenged from every direction, but always the same outcome or worse. I hear next year's challenger is going to do the trick. ;)
-- Mods: Genuine Keihin rejetted, Nissin caliper upgrade, SuperTrapp Aluminum Racing Series exhaust (Made in USA), ZG sport-touring shield, AEM UEGO wideband digital AFR readout, Evans NPG waterless coolant, éan creiche malar stripes.

Sorry if it seems that I post 10x more than everyone else. I use a PC, so posting thoughts is a snap. :smt024
LeedsRich
Privateer
Privateer

Re: If only I was British, this would be my helmet.

Post by LeedsRich »

Aussie innit?

Lol
LeedsRich
Privateer
Privateer

Post by LeedsRich »

I like bright too.

This is my current lid.
Attachments
45F3E7E5-2307-430E-BB04-EA3DD1127771.jpeg
LeedsRich
Privateer
Privateer

Post by LeedsRich »

And my work van.
Attachments
7706816C-611D-4DDC-9237-7BE69A42C911.jpeg
e1_ZX-9r
Admin
Location: Blackfoot, ID: 50-state CA EVAP ZX-9R sE1.5*, sE1* (GKF), & sF1* models; * Supercruise capable

Post by e1_ZX-9r »

You have me trumped there on all counts. Hadn't thought of Australia.

Nice lid! It compliments your blue C.
Kawasaki ZX-9R Ninja EVAP sE1. At the track she's said to be outclassed, but on the street, she reigns unmatched. It's a years old claim, challenged from every direction, but always the same outcome or worse. I hear next year's challenger is going to do the trick. ;)
-- Mods: Genuine Keihin rejetted, Nissin caliper upgrade, SuperTrapp Aluminum Racing Series exhaust (Made in USA), ZG sport-touring shield, AEM UEGO wideband digital AFR readout, Evans NPG waterless coolant, éan creiche malar stripes.

Sorry if it seems that I post 10x more than everyone else. I use a PC, so posting thoughts is a snap. :smt024
Relay
WSB Rider
WSB Rider

Post by Relay »

You lot are making me want to buy a new lid now :lol:
e1_ZX-9r
Admin

Post by e1_ZX-9r »

:?
I ordered a couple new ones for myself. I cannot use the helmet I crashed last September in (the truck U-turn incident), so I've been using a combination of my high wavelength white and green helmet with a tinted visor. The problem though is I tend to stay on the bike for hours, which usually puts me riding home in the dark. The tinted visor makes it increasingly difficult to see objects on the road at night, if there are any I need to avoid. :shock: My primary helmet is high wavelength lime green, but it's getting up there in age and looks it.

The new ones, both EXO-520s, have built-in tinted visors, built-in communication upgrade features and aren't so low visibility that I'd have a complex while riding. I'll upload some pics when they arrive.

Leathers have been a real bear too. I don't want black or black and red (or orange or blue), all low wavelength colors. I want cagers to be able to see me when it's dark or low light, FFS! The Kawasaki lime green or green suits are mostly made in Pakistan or sold through distributors in other countries. So still looking. I need to replace my old set too. Some of the leather is cracking and it looks its age too.

e1_ZX-9r
Admin

Post by e1_ZX-9r »

Riding this weekend should include a review or two. ;)

LeedsRich
Privateer
Privateer

Post by LeedsRich »

I got snapped going to squires on Sunday.

I’m a Yorkshireman so too tight to pay for the pic. Screenshot. 😂
Attachments
E7B3D09A-9C39-4178-8C93-09A7A5C8B679.jpeg
e1_ZX-9r
Admin

Post by e1_ZX-9r »

Meh, get a friend to snap a similar full resolution picture, only in direct sunlight. You'll have a free picture with more vibrant colors. Plus then you'll have the excuse you already have several like the ones they taken, but in better light. ;)