I'm back gents

Your Off-Topic Chat

Moderators: RAFlyer, yorkie, tangosevern, Steve-TC1

BIGMat

I'm back gents

Post by BIGMat »

Hello to all that know me. Hello to all that don't.

My beautiful F1 has been broken by a nob of a cager. He drove into the side of me whilst I was pootling around in London.

I am weighing up my options. I can either,

1. Street fighter it,
2. Buy another zx9, steel the fairings and other broken bits, have it resprayed and break/SF the second bike.
3. Break the bike and buy something different.

Those of you that know my bike will be aware of the goodies and the hours of work I have spent on it. So will probably know how completely p***** off I am.

It is being returned to me next Thursday, so I'll let you know the state it's in. I'll try and get some pics up later.

Anyhow, hope you are all doing well, and I'll be in touch soon.
"I can resist everything except temptation."
Oscar Wilde

2002 Kawasaki ZX-9R F1-P Akrapovic
e1_ZX-9r
Admin
Location: Blackfoot, ID: 50-state CA EVAP ZX-9R sE1.5*, sE1* (GKF), & sF1* models; * Supercruise capable

Re: I'm back gents

Post by e1_ZX-9r »

Is the bike frame bent? :welcome back into the fold, BIGMat!

I had a similar accident early last September: https://www.zx-9r.net/viewtopic.php?t=72049

The 9R made a proper mess of the law violating pickup truck and sustained its own bit of damage. Still waiting on my fairings to arrive. I'll be putting her back together, trying to restore it to near OEM condition. She's my show bike that I don't ride much and I'd like for her to look pretty and beastly. :D
Kawasaki ZX-9R Ninja EVAP sE1. At the track she's said to be outclassed, but on the street, she reigns unmatched. It's a years old claim, challenged from every direction, but always the same outcome or worse. I hear next year's challenger is going to do the trick. ;)
-- Mods: Genuine Keihin rejetted, Nissin caliper upgrade, SuperTrapp Aluminum Racing Series exhaust (Made in USA), ZG sport-touring shield, AEM UEGO wideband digital AFR readout, Evans NPG waterless coolant, éan creiche malar stripes.
BIGMat

Post by BIGMat »

It's been classed as cat N (whatever that means these days), which is beyond economical repair. The frame is good, subframe good, swing arm is good also. There is nothing wrong with the engine or running gear, forks are also straight I believe. It was really just fairings (every single one), headlight, o/s footpeg hanger and probably some brackets and such. It was immaculate. 27k on the clock. I'm absolutely gutted about it if I'm honest. You can see in the pic in my sig that It was pretty decent. Frame painted black (as was the sub frame and swingarm) engine covers painted black by our own Del. Ohlins shock, Akra full titanium race system, ingnition advanced, jetted ect ect.
Oscar Wilde

BIGMat

Post by BIGMat »

Insurance company (3rd partys) have offered me £3300. I've told them it's not enough as I cannot replace it, but they are being typically bloody useless and not taking any of that into account.

I literally cannot find another F1 for sale anywhere. Grrrrrrr
Oscar Wilde

e1_ZX-9r
Admin
Location: Blackfoot, ID: 50-state CA EVAP ZX-9R sE1.5*, sE1* (GKF), & sF1* models; * Supercruise capable

Post by e1_ZX-9r »

Rarity might help. It did for me, but in a slightly different way.

I was originally offered about half that for mine by my insurance company, who was going to then deal with the guilty party's insurance company. Like you, I turned down their offers. When my insurance company asked where the bike was, I told them it was in my garage. They were hoping it was at a wrecking yard, by the sound of it. When they asked to have it sent off to be looked at by an insurance adjuster, in their custody, I refused. They could do the adjusting with the bike on my driveway. I told them, this bike is not leaving my possession. Not now. Not in the future. Not for a few days. Not ever!
:no

What clinched them seeing the light was the rarity of the bike. In my case, one of 6 known remaining 50-state California EVAP ZX-9Rs.

Then there was the full replacement off all my gear. Then there was their settlement for the knock to my head when I hit the ground, which my attorney friend's helped enormously with. For the F1 alone, it was over twice what I paid for the bike originally, almost original retail and the other medical pain and suffering and riding gear, made this a very costly law violation for the other's insurance. But, the bike is not operational and won't be until I start restoring it.
Kawasaki ZX-9R Ninja EVAP sE1. At the track she's said to be outclassed, but on the street, she reigns unmatched. It's a years old claim, challenged from every direction, but always the same outcome or worse. I hear next year's challenger is going to do the trick. ;)
-- Mods: Genuine Keihin rejetted, Nissin caliper upgrade, SuperTrapp Aluminum Racing Series exhaust (Made in USA), ZG sport-touring shield, AEM UEGO wideband digital AFR readout, Evans NPG waterless coolant, éan creiche malar stripes.
BIGMat

Post by BIGMat »

Ok, I'm breaking the bike. Any specific requests please PM me.

I'll post something in the selling section when I have pictures.

:sad:
Oscar Wilde

e1_ZX-9r
Admin

Post by e1_ZX-9r »

All good things must come to an end. May time wound all heals.

You're welcome to use our classifieds forum sub-sections to advertise, post images, and correspond as well. Steve's Fb site allows this too, but I think there's a small fee that Fb takes on sales.
Steve-TC1
Top Cat

Post by Steve-TC1 »

Howdo Mat

simons12690
Si's a cunt
Si's a cunt

Post by simons12690 »

How do f*ck nut
Death smiles all of us in the face all a man can do is smile back
R.i.p black c2 r.i.p
94 yz 250 super evo
93 kx 250 super evo
00 e zx9r
N me new toy
Golf 2.3 v5
I fuckin hate this country I don't hate the c*nts in it though the c*nts are the only people keeping it british
the rest are all dicks fucking anything they come in contact with them