sE1 engine project thread at 128,000 miles.

ALL questions, technical and otherwise answered for your E Models

Moderators: RAFlyer, yorkie, tangosevern, Steve-TC1

e1_ZX-9r
Admin
Location: Blackfoot, ID: ZX-9R sE1*, E1, & sF1*; all CA EVAP models. * Supercruise capable

sE1 engine project thread at 128,000 miles.

Post by e1_ZX-9r » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:30 pm

There's no way around this one. She's smoking at startup and I can smell a whiff of burning engine oil in the exhaust. Plus, it's becoming embarrassing and obvious. The SuperTrapp stinger is turning black almost overnight.

I'm taking the bike out of service until such time as I can dig in and determine exactly what's causing the engine to smoke. I think it's one or more bad valve oil seals o...login to view the rest of this post
Last edited by e1_ZX-9r on Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kawasaki ZX-9R Ninja EVAP sE1. At the track she's said to be outclassed, but on the street, she reigns unmatched. You’re encouraged to challenge that claim. I pick the course. -- Mods: Carbureted, not Fuel Injected, Nissin caliper upgrade, SuperTrapp Aluminum Racing Series exhaust (Made in USA), ZG sport-touring shield, Keihin rejetted, AEM wideband AFR gauge, éan creiche malar stripes. (U.S.A./U.K.). Tank range in miles: 240 minimum.

This topic has 84 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login