zx-9r.net

Welcome to the ZX-9R Network
It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:11 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: New forum member
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:59 pm 
Just arrived

Hi everyone

Just signed up to the forum. I have an E1 ZX9R have had it for less than 18 months and loving it. Bought the bike for $2.5K with 78xxx kms on the clock and just ticked over 94000 km yesterday. Yes i like to ride and in all weather. I have recently had suspension serviced (apparently never been done before judging by what came out) unfortunately the shop who did the work set it up for 90kg rider even tho i asked for 110kg setup (me plus gear). Still what a difference!! Im not the fastest on a bike but am a few rungs up from the slowest.
My bike has a slip on, +4 rear sprocket, PR4 front and rear, k&n filter, speedo healer, heated grips (best mod ever) and the above stock suspension setup. Grips, tyres, speedo healer and susension setup done by me everything else is as i bought it.
I have owned a ZX2R, Duke 390, K4 GSXR750, Ducati 821 Hypermotard and now the 9. Its not the quickest but definitely is the best fit for me so far. I do most of my riding with my wife's dad and brother and when the weather is right the mrs comes out too.
Planned mods to come rejet and balance and tune and most likely a full service/rebuild of the carbs, replace rear shock with something quality, headlight upgrade either hid or led (i commute early morning/late evening) plus looking at potentially big bore kit/engine work. As it is a daily having some engine work done will be a nice to have not necessarily a must have. I've been around philip island a few times but as yet not on the 9 but closer to xmas this should change.
Im from Melbourne and im keen to pick up any tips and tricks for riding maintaining and modifying my 9.
Cheers

Post subject: Re: New forum member
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:59 am 
Moto GP Rider
Moto GP Rider

Welcome to the forum.

There are lots of posts here about various forms of maintenance, riding tips, etc. It would be a waste of time for me or someone else to re-write any of it. Use the search at the top right of the page. If you can't find a specific thing, write a post asking "How do I <something>", and I'm sure someone will either find an old post, or help you out (or both).

--
Mats

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:48 pm 

hi n :welcome

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:41 am 

Hello & welcome

BEX MOTO

"If you can't express it in numbers it's not engineering, it's opinion."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:20 am 
Ninjaneer

Welcome to the forum, good luck with the modifications you thinking of doing.

A well shimmed engine 28 to 30 Exhaust and 16 to 18 inlets, and carb balance is a good place to start.

Please will forum members put their bike model letter, & 1 or 2 after their Profile Location. eg: Your Town & B1,2,3,4 C1,2 E1,2 F1,2
As all zx9's are all slightly different, and I get fed up having to ask which model & number, as year may not be accurate.