zx-9r.net

Welcome to the ZX-9R Network
It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:55 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:26 pm 
Privateer
Privateer

Also, last time I looked on Gumtree, there was someone breaking zx6r's in south england - might be worth checking. £500 is a lot for a frame considering I got my whole bike for £850.

put "zx6r breaking" in the ebay search and you get a load of bikes that people break but don't list all the bits because they take them off as you want them - got to message them to ask and so you can ask if they're straight or not.

Also, I couldn't really tell from your photos but it might be that the frames bent but everything else is still in line.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:07 am 
Just arrived

right found my self a good frame now a j2 same as mine. cheap enough as well.whats the best way to change the reg. can i change a frame number on the logbook through dvla or do i have to have the actual reg transferd over to the new frame..all i have is the v5 log book that says k600wak is the reg. nothing about it being a personal reg.. again sorry im a really new to all this as i said before

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:22 am 
Moto GP Rider
Moto GP Rider

If you have at least two of the original from this list {forks, wheels, engine, gearbox}, you should be able to keep the original registration.
https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-registration ... t-vehicles

I'm not entirely sure how it works with a "triggers broom" type thing, if you change the engine, and then rebuild with a newframe around that, and then replace the forks and wheels, and then come to change some other major component.

Bear in mind that it is the frame that IS the original vehicle, so changing the frame is more than just a replacement part.

(And no, I don't know any more than what I just read - you may be better off talking to the DVLA or Post Office staff)

--
Mats

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:28 pm 
Moto GP Rider
Moto GP Rider

Welcome in and good luck with the frame. I'd try to straighten it professionally if it was mine.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:01 pm 
Ninjaneer

Hi and :welcome to the forum, lot to read in the How to section, or at least glance through.

Please will forum members put their bike model letter, & 1 or 2 after their Profile Location. eg: Your Town & B1,2,3,4 C1,2 E1,2 F1,2
As all zx9's are all slightly different, and I get fed up having to ask which model & number, as year may not be accurate.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:56 pm 
Site Arse Pixie

bollx2008 wrote:
right found my self a good frame now a j2 same as mine. cheap enough as well.whats the best way to change the reg. can i change a frame number on the logbook through dvla or do i have to have the actual reg transferd over to the new frame..all i have is the v5 log book that says k600wak is the reg. nothing about it being a personal reg.. again sorry im a really new to all this as i said before

The reg. no. belongs to the original frame number, so you would have to transfer it to the new frame's number. You will have to pay to do this, but there's no rush as you can use the new frame's reg. no. for now and transfer it later. You do have the V5 for the new frame, don't you?

What you are effectively doing is ringing the bike, but doing it legally.

1976 KH500 - Awaiting total rebuild (Aaaaaaaaargh, me fooking wallet hurts!!!!!!!!)

1980 Triumph T140E

2000 ZRX 1200R with ZX9B4 front end - Sorta like a big fat Supermoto.