zx-9r.net

Welcome to the ZX-9R Network
It is currently Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:20 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Gearbox Z1000
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:46 pm 
BSB Rider
BSB Rider

Yes the dread C2 gearbox fault has just shown up. So on the lookout for another gearbox. Looking to go down the Z1000 route. So if anyone comes across one give me a shout. Cheers

ZX9r C2, E1 fairing, E Clocks, F Front Sub frame, Matris Steering Damper, R1 2004 Rear Sub Frame, VFR750 swingarm , Triump Sprint 1999 rear wheel, Daytona rear wavey disc, Ohlins rear shock, +4 Ignition Advancer, E1 Headers. K&N filter, ZX10R Throttle Body, Accossatto Brake Master Cylinder, Custom made exhaust.

Post subject: Re: Gearbox Z1000
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:19 am 
WSB Rider
WSB Rider

This ?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GEAR-KAWASAKI ... SwqM1YmxRO

I swapped mine and accidentally bought one from a 2008 and was worried it wouldn't fit. It did work ... but I had to swap the gears form the 2008 shaft on to the zx9r output shaft and also had to use my original selector drum. After 2006 the z1000 selector drum changed and it won't fit, so I retained my original selector drum. Looking at the pictures and parts fiche, I also reckon later z1000 (10,11,12) may work - but again output shaft and selector drum from original would need to be used from original.

Don't take this is as guarantee - just telling you what worked for me and what I reckon will work from the parts fiches.

If you need any further advice, let me know ... I reckon I'm the one on here who has done it most recently .. so I can still remember some of the detail (which is a fea tin itself with my poor memory) ;-)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:25 pm 
BSB Rider
BSB Rider

Sounds good now the stupid questions do I need any thing else? What is it that actually breaks in the C2 gearbox?

ZX9r C2, E1 fairing, E Clocks, F Front Sub frame, Matris Steering Damper, R1 2004 Rear Sub Frame, VFR750 swingarm , Triump Sprint 1999 rear wheel, Daytona rear wavey disc, Ohlins rear shock, +4 Ignition Advancer, E1 Headers. K&N filter, ZX10R Throttle Body, Accossatto Brake Master Cylinder, Custom made exhaust.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:28 pm 
Ninja Guru
Ninja Guru

It's wear on the dogs on 3rd and 5th gears Bri, they didn't engage deeply enough from new by all accounts and wear kills 3rd.

If your standard, swappable bits are good then you'll need nothing else aside from c/case sealant and the odd gasket possibly.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:15 pm 
BSB Rider
BSB Rider

Many thanks for your help, I now know what I'm buying next month. Hopefully I shouldn't have too much of a problem.