It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:36 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:34 am 
Privateer
Privateer

Steve-TC1 wrote:
MikeZX7R wrote:
Now since i´ve assembled back the front sprocket and the clutch slave cylinder, i now have no response in the clutch handle.
When i press the handle, there´s no resistance at all, and no working clutch.

Still i have´nt disassebled the clutch slave cylinder itself, but just unmounted it from the motor. No visible leakage of clutch fluid either...

probably wants bleeding :!:

- The bleedin´clutch is bleeded, and the handle grip has a nice resistance afterwards, but it still does´nt work.
It feels like it´s working but no release when i put in a gear and try to roll the bike.

I switched all clutch fluid (the old one looked good, but since i was going on with it..) and ended the procedure when no bubbles was visible anymore.

I also bleeded the rear brake, and it worked fine after the same procedure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:16 pm 

Are you saying it whilst in neutral the bike still feels like it's in gear :?: If so and the engine is stood it could be your plates stuck together. I set off for the first run in 5 months on Sunday and 3 times I started the bike, clutch in and in neutral, let clutch out and bike lurches forward and stalls. Only on the 4th attempt with plenty of revs did it do the same but freed the plates to idle with the clutch out. No problems thereafter on the ride out.

BEX MOTO

"If you can't express it in numbers it's not engineering, it's opinion."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:05 am 
Privateer
Privateer

shamus13 wrote:
Are you saying it whilst in neutral the bike still feels like it's in gear :?: If so and the engine is stood it could be your plates stuck together. I set off for the first run in 5 months on Sunday and 3 times I started the bike, clutch in and in neutral, let clutch out and bike lurches forward and stalls. Only on the 4th attempt with plenty of revs did it do the same but freed the plates to idle with the clutch out. No problems thereafter on the ride out.

- The only way i´ve tried it so far, is to put first gear in with the engine off, engage the clutch with the bar handle and try to roll the bike forwards. It did not roll free, so the clutch did not work as it should. That was my scientific test : )

I don´t know how to try the clutch function with the engine running, since the bike would take a jump when i put in first gear if the clutch does´nt work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:01 am 

MikeZX7R wrote:
I don´t know how to try the clutch function with the engine running, since the bike would take a jump when i put in first gear if the clutch does´nt work.

First off I take it that you put the metal cap back on the push rod before fitting the slave cylinder and that the last clutch friction plate was position to sit on top of the basket and not in it like all the other plates. Next if it is the plates been stuck it will still sit perfectly well in neutral with the clutch engaged and not. This issue refers to when the lever is pulled and you select 1st gear instead of remaining stationary (until you release the clutch lever) the bike instead lurches forward and stalls. This is because the clutch plate stack are stuck together. Freeing then means repeating the process of starting the bike, selecting 1st whilst increasing the revs and releasing the clutch, eventually the plates will part and the bike will behave normally. Be ready when the bike lurches forward to brake and maintain your balance.

BEX MOTO

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:00 am 
Privateer
Privateer

shamus13 wrote:
MikeZX7R wrote:

First off I take it that you put the metal cap back on the push rod before fitting the slave cylinder and that the last clutch friction plate was position to sit on top of the basket and not in it like all the other plates. Next if it is the plates been stuck it will still sit perfectly well in neutral with the clutch engaged and not. This issue refers to when the lever is pulled and you select 1st gear instead of remaining stationary (until you release the clutch lever) the bike instead lurches forward and stalls. This is because the clutch plate stack are stuck together. Freeing then means repeating the process of starting the bike, selecting 1st whilst increasing the revs and releasing the clutch, eventually the plates will part and the bike will behave normally. Be ready when the bike lurches forward to brake and maintain your balance.

- Thank´s for your explanation, Shamus. I´ll try to figure out and understand it, being Swedish as i am...hm...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:00 am 
Privateer
Privateer

Yesterday evening i started the Kawa and let him run without gear for approximately 10 minutes, pumped the clutch handle for a while, and then put a gear in on low rpm.
The beast first responded by trying to roll, but soon the clutch worked out fine. So..we are now friends again, me and the green beast : )

So after a short testride in the villa hood, i did not find anything vibrating, unknown sounds or parts leaving the bike without permission. So far all seems to be good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:00 am 

Good to hear =D>

BEX MOTO

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:53 am 
Privateer
Privateer

Everyone - thank´s for your input in this thread so far :)

Next possible mods would be a ZX10 front/Wheel and ZX10 rear Wheel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:49 am 
Privateer
Privateer

This is what the bike looks like with its new and lighter parts mounted. Almost no visible changes from standard, just as i hoped for.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:00 am 

Nice and clean that fella 8) =D>

BEX MOTO

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:02 am 
Top Cat

8) :!: I like it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:30 am 
Privateer
Privateer

Thank´s Shamus and Steve, and thank´s for your help this far in the project : )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 1:44 pm 
Privateer
Privateer

Hi again all expertis : )

I weighed my bike today at calibrated weigher here at work, and it was 220 kg!
(with 12 liters gas in tank)

And this in spite of my weight reduction of 11,14 kg´s:

Swing
ZX7 -> ZX9=2,7 kg
Rear Wheel with disc
ZX7 -> ZX9=0,7 kg
Brake
ZX7 -> ZX9= 0,22 kg
Chain + sprockets
ZX7 -> 520 lite=1 kg
Battery
ZX7 OEM -> Shorei Lite= 3,52 kg
Can
ZX7 OEM -> Micron Carbon=3 kg

= 11,14 kg

That means that the bike must have weight 231 kg + 4,8 kg fuel = 234,8 kg wet!