zx-9r.net

Welcome to the ZX-9R Network
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:48 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Microsoft!!!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:49 pm 
Ninja Guru
Ninja Guru

Location: Blackfoot, ID: ZX-9R sE1* & F1, both California EVAP models. * Supercruise capable
As and example. If your aging mother or father called you about a printing problem and you offered to help, here is what you'd be up against. The instructions per Microsoft.

Open the printer folder.

(Windows® 2000)
Click Start => Settings => Printers

(Windows® XP)
Click Start => Printers and Faxes

(Windows Vista®)
Click Start => Printers

(Windows® 7)
Click Start => Devices and Printers

(Windows® 8 or later)
Open the Control Panel. (Click here to see how to open the Control Panel.)
Click Hardware and Sound => Devices and Printers

That is, of course, unless they've changed their views. In which case, you'll have to troubleshoot how that's setup first in order for you to give them valid instructions.

It's that way for just about every setting in Windows and Microsoft product, like Office. They must have 13 year olds doing their programming. "I know everybody else called it XYZ, but from now on we're relabeling it CUX." So must better. Then next release we'll relabel CUX, VIC.

They say they do this to make the operating system easier for the user to use. This is crazy.

Kawasaki ZX-9R Ninja sE1. At the track she's said to be outclassed, but on the street, she reigns unmatched. dominating dominant sportsbike Kawasaki Yamaha suzuki Ducati Best Sport Bikes Available badass sportbike for long rides ZX-9R in action will dominate Best street bike Top 10 sport touring ZX9 long distance Ninja ZZR-600 ZZR-1100 ZZR-1200 blackbird R6 R1 CBR-600 1000 ZX6 ZX7 GSXR ZX9R zx-900 ZX10 ZX-10R ZX11 ZX12 ZX14 MPG miles per gallon

Post subject: Re: Microsoft!!!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:02 am 
WSB Rider
WSB Rider

Ahh the trickery is to get everybody moooing and bhaaing to credit the necessity to drop the olde operating systems >instant sustainable bump on share prices.
It's all shite one decent solar flare and it's all over......the Iron Age didn't end because we ran out of iron..we just started using different better shit :D

Post subject: Re: Microsoft!!!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:48 am 
Moto GP Rider
Moto GP Rider

This sort of thing is the reason that when my mum wanted a smart-phone, I convinced her to get exactly the same model as the one I had at the time. At least, then I can somewhat give step by step instructions for doing some kind of configuration changes. Of course, I still have to try to figure out what something is called in Swedish, when my phone is configured in English. Which means it goes something like this
Me: in this menu, the third would be something like 'printer'...
Mum: No, there's no 'printer' in the menu.
Me: Ok, so what does the menus say
Mum: Network, Files, Writer, ...
Me: Ok, "writer" is the same as "printer", click on that.

(Because when translating to Swedish, they have used something almost the same as printer, but not quite the same, and (sometimes) my mum doesn't get the "yeah, that's the same thing")

It's even worse when she asks for advice on her real computer, as that is running Windows, and the only Windows I've got at all is a virtual machine running Win7 at work - my home machines all run Linux - as does my work machine as the main OS, but we need Windows for certain documents - and even better, some websites only work with IE - as many of the managerial and admin people in the company do not use Linux)

--
Mats