zx-9r.net Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Calendar
Reply to topic Page 1 of 3
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Radial Master cylinder

Post Radial Master cylinder  
Please advise ...

Will this fit my clip on Question Am I just being silly and clip on diameters are a standard size ...

The listing says it should, but i thought i should check first, before I bid ...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=009&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=190107965257&rd=1&rd=1

many thanks in advance  Applause

Oh.. is any one else bidding on it here Question

ZZR600, ZX-9R B2, ZX-9R E1, ZX-10R C2H, ZX-6R P8F, ZX-9R E1/F1, Z1000SX MEF.

It will fit my clip on..
Then the other issue came up of ratio...
The 19/18 ratio seems best. But Brembo advise the 19/20 ratio for non Brembo calipers...
I'm sure its down to personal feel... Am I right Question

Brembo - Radial Brake Master Cylinder - Forged

The Brembo Racing radial master cylinders are the best value for money upgrade available. By fitting these cylinders, in place of the bikes standard cyclinder, you will instantly notice the benefits in performance, you will have more feel, more power and better consistency.

Brembo radial master cylinders are used by virtually every Moto GP and Superbike manufacturer team including Ducati, H###A, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Yamaha. They have been proven at every level of racing through out the world and have taken Valentino Rossi on his Yamaha Moto GP bike, Carl Fogarty and Troy Bayliss, to name but a few, to world championship glory.

Quality built, ergonomically designed with a choice of 16mm or 19mm bore sizes and a variety of lever ratio’s it is ideal for road or full race. On twin caliper set ups the 19 bore/18 ratio is the recommended cylinder for racing and the 19 bore/20 ratio for fast road / trackday conversion. A remote brake adjuster is also available as an optional extra, this works by having one end attached to the brake lever span adjuster, the other end is mounted on the opposite side of the handle bar, and this enables the rider to adjust the lever span while keeping control of the throttle.

Lever Ratio Guide  
20 Ratio - least travel / hardest to pull / maximum leverage / most popular with road & trackday riders.
18 Ratio - mid travel / used by most racers / offers excellent feel and control.  
16 Ratio - most travel / easiest to pull / most feel.

Additional Benefits -

Remote reservoir design (if you do not have a brembo reservoir you will need to fit one as well as reservoir pipe and pipe clips).
Replacement levers available 16 ratio, 18 ratio, 20 ratio - in long or short or flip up type.
Span adjustable (remote adjuster available).
Available in two bore sizes 16mm or 19mm.
Integral bleed nipple for rapid bleeding after assembly/service
Weight 260g.
Ergonomically designed.
Please be aware that if the master cylinder you are replacing is not Brembo then you will need to replace the banjo bolt as these use a M10*1.00 short thread. Two banjo bolts are available either for road use which has a brake light switch in the head or a standard bolt for racing.

Ps... If you didnt know... these fit 9R's too.... I've been told you get awesome braking on road/track, and no brake fade on the track.

Post Re: Radial Master cylinder  
Kawasaki Dave wrote:
Oh.. is any one else bidding on it here Question

Hmmm ... well, I wasn't.... big grin

I,ve got the 19/20 on my zx9 and yes it makes a big differance with one finger braking, i had to file a small chamfer on the clip on to get it to fit and i used the original reservoir by putting a smaller hose on the inside the kawasaki hose as the master cylinder has a smaller fitting.
It also needs a hydraulic operated brake light switch which you will need for the MOT.
It also makes the bleeding a 10 minute job due to the bleed nipple on the master cylinder, i also got mine off e-bay and it came with the goodridge hoses and pressure switch and cost me 120 pounds its the best mod i have done to the zx9 and would recomend it to anyone money well spent.
If the likes of Rossi and co use the same thing that says it all.

Why did you have to file a chamfer in the clip on Question What bit of the master cylinder gets in the way.

Do you get enough feel from the 19/20 M.C? It doesn't feel to woody then.

The other benefit that I have seen on mates bikes is the lack of travel of the lever before it bites.

Think I am definitely gonna add this to my wish list..... big grin

1. Magnesium Alloy wheels
2. Radial master cylinder + lever...

Already got a banjo bolt pressure switch on the rear. Had to, after I fitted Rear sets.
Braided lines went on at the same time.

I hope to god the orientation of end fittings on the braided lines fit the new M.C Question

Which means Shell... I will have to take my Pazzo levers off... I cant have odd levers ... Now can I... Question

Do you want first shout... Question

The chamfer was due to the bleed nipple and the fact that the original kill switch light switch is pinned to the clip on  and the gap is too small on th zx 9 but only just, its just a very small chamfer and makes no differance to the clip on.
The one i bought was off a Ducati 916 complete with goodridge hoses and fitted straight on the only other thing is the banjo bolt comes out the underside of the master cylinder and i have a 45 degree banjo connection.
The feel from the master cylinder is 20 times better than the original at stand still you get the feeling that its quite spongy but when moving the feel is a lot more controlable ie a light touch has the bike slowly braking and if you want you can lock the front wheel at will at any speed but all under your control.
I would imagine your brakes are a lot better being a zx10r

I would imagine your brakes are a lot better being a zx10r

Being Radial brakes.. they are awesome... Its just a shame kwaka didn't fit a radial master cylinder as well... I don't like the amount of lever travel before bite though.

But hey!!! .. when you get woken up by a f**king pilot at 05:00 saying he wants to take off asap... its now 07:15 and he is still here... You have to keep your mind occupied, don't you   ...    Question

Rant rant ..................rant over!!! ...................... 'kin' pilots.... being evil  

ok its over now...  big grin

So bottom line is .. Buy the M.C and fit to suit....  big grin  

Many thanks...

P.S
Quote:
Which means Shell... I will have to take my Pazzo levers off... I cant have odd levers ... Now can I...  

Just looked on the Brembo site and they don't do a replacement to OE lever for the clutch.. So it looks like I would have to keep the Pazzo one....

Sorry Shell. Did you ever get you mate to swap Clutch lever assemblies Question

You can get a pazzio lever for the brembo m8

Banjo's are a different thread size to the kwaks.

And will it fit do you know some one that has one on a 10? As I bought one to fit to my F and it hit the fairng support and applied the brake. Sold it on frown

Last edited by hey9r on Tue May 01, 2007 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

It ain't over till your in deep!

"It's only a sport if you use a ball. It's a REAL sport if you use 2!"

Get on 2 wheels... and if you think you're good, get on 1!"

Then you could put your zx10 radial master cyl , lever and clutch lever on shells  big grin

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Oh and don't be tight go for the full cnc one not the forged one laughing  laughing

And will it fit do you know some one that has one on a 10?

Haven't got a clue Pete. I would have thought (Stupidly maybe) that if they sell for the 10 it should fit... or is that a blonde DERRRRRR !!! moment...

I do like the CNC machined ones but they come on ebay that often do they?

The other thing I didnt realise ... (and now will check) is that Pazzo do a lever for the brembo radial M.C..... if so...sorted...

dunno about the GIVE part to Shell though  embarrassment

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

BREMBO 19mm FRONT BRAKE MASTER CYLINDER PAZZO RACING LEVERS

£29.79 (Excluding: VAT at 17.5%)

looks like its gotta be done... big grin
Clutch lever has to stay though... frown  Sorry Shell...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BREMBO-RADIAL-MOUNT-FT-BRAKE-MASTER-CYLINDER-GSXR-ZX-R1_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ34284QQihZ017QQitemZ270113287356QQrdZ1

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Brembo-Front-Radial-Brake-Master-Cylinder_W0QQitemZ220085072362QQihZ012QQcategoryZ25623QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Brembo-Front-Radial-Brake-Master-Cylinder_W0QQitemZ220085072362QQihZ012QQcategoryZ25623QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Pazzo-Brembo-Radial-lever-19x20-Gold-or-black_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35610QQihZ012QQitemZ220085060117QQrdZ1

Seen most of those... Just sent one of the chaps an email seeing if he has a Buy now price... its a 19/18 ratio lever and so will probably look at the Harris website again when I get the M.C .. For the Pazzo lever

big grin sweet... big grin

Just as an alternative I fitted a PT radial m/c got it from www.moto46.co.uk on to my ZX9, cheaper at £140 than the brembo and comes with the fold up brake lever too.

Really has made the biggest difference to the braking on the bike.

As for the fitting of the banjos HEL do a addapter for a tenner which I used.

Biggest problem is I now longer have full left hand lock which isn't such a pain for me as I only track my bike and don't need full lock, but would fail an MOT.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 3
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next