zx-9r.net Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Calendar
Reply to topic Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Rains

As above on the noise , unless your sound pickup is next to the fuel pump  Doubt

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

I'll definitely look into it. These GoPro's are not the best with sound.  Eventually I will be using an external mic.

Post Brave wouldn't be how I'd call it.  
Cuffing crazy is more like it!  Seeing all the slide marks.  Shock  Flirting with disaster.

That's just how the GoPro with the enclosed case sounds.  They did a huge disservice to their customers on the latest low-end model.  When they vibrate and rattle, that's just the sound quality.  On their earlier models, they included a snap-on open back, which lets the high quality stereo pickups operate normally (example in bottom picture video).

GoPro Hero 3 White Ed.

Mounted behind the front turn signal and atop the rear right turn signal in this video clip

Kawasaki ZX-9R Ninja sE1. At the track she's said to be outclassed, but on the street, she reigns unmatched. dominating dominant sportsbike Kawasaki Yamaha suzuki Ducati Best Sport Bikes Available Now badass sportbike for long rides ZX-9R will dominate Best street bike Top 10 sport touring ZX9 long distance Ninja ZZR-600 ZZR-1100 ZZR-1200 blackbird R6 R1 CBR-600 1000 ZX6 ZX7 GSXR ZX9R zx-900 ZX10 ZX-10R ZX11 ZX12 ZX14 MPG miles per gallon

Nice location for the camera.  How much of your image is the side of the bike?.

I'm planning to use the Vivitar MIC-403 with future video sessions on track etc., but it has to be wired in which will be entertaining.

Easy.  The GoPro has a 170 horizontal field of view, so you don't see it from this far away, but the front camera is angled out to the right.  The replay doesn't feel any different, as you can see in the video (click on that picture).  The rear camera points straight back and is without the plastic case.  It's secured by a bubble of shipping tape.  

FYI, for any microphone subject to wind turbulence, cover the microphone pickup with something to block that out...such as/like for professional recording microphone covers...or improvise something.

Looking forward to more of your ride videos!   Applause

Kawasaki ZX-9R Ninja sE1. At the track she's said to be outclassed, but on the street, she reigns unmatched. dominating dominant sportsbike Kawasaki Yamaha suzuki Ducati Best Sport Bikes Available Now badass sportbike for long rides ZX-9R will dominate Best street bike Top 10 sport touring ZX9 long distance Ninja ZZR-600 ZZR-1100 ZZR-1200 blackbird R6 R1 CBR-600 1000 ZX6 ZX7 GSXR ZX9R zx-900 ZX10 ZX-10R ZX11 ZX12 ZX14 MPG miles per gallon

Rains are mounted, enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aI5Kdz6xj0

You're nuts, pal.

I rode almost 70 miles in a effin BLIZZARD on a KZ750. Started out as a beautiful sunny day in early April, and being a bit stir crazy from being off the bike since early December, I decided it would be fun to take a spin down the back roads. I was having a blast after a long winter, and like the young fool I was, just kept going until I eventually ended up at my grandmother's place in Digby. Where the wind suddenly shifted, the temperature started dropping, and then the goddam snowflakes. I had to work the next day, and figured I could beat the storm if I kept the hammer down, but after about 20 minutes of flurries I was in a full blown blizzard. Slippery as hell, and I could barely touch the throttle without going sideways. The cars were going even slower than myself, and after almost getting run over trying to pass the usual way ( When I gave it the gas to make the pass, it actually slowed down from spinning and the car almost rear-ended me) I started passing them on the shoulder where the tires could get some grip on the gravel. Dunno how many times I was sure I was going down, but somehow flailed around enough to save it

I finally got home after more than two hours, and after almost dumping it going down our steep driveway, I managed to pry my frozen hands off the bars and got a hot bath going to thaw myself out. It seemed like hours before I finally stopped shivering. I could hardly move the next morning, and was sore for almost a week from being so tensed up for so long. Felt like I'd been beaten up.

After that, the only riding I'd do if there was any chance of snow was on my motocrossers. With studded (hex-head sheet metal screws)tires.

The thing that always caused me stress when riding 0- were the road bridges pheckers would turn into a total sheet of ice or a sheet of frozen snow........no throttle no braking just wait for the camber to take you to the kerb side let out some more air and keep trying
But same same , had to have some fun on the X 'r in the winter spells.....nearly talked myself into going to getting a Aprilia 650 800 last week but will stick to the plan and get a 2 stroke

Kinda past tense owing to Global warming !...noted the magnetic North Pole is heading your way !!

Looks like the road conditions are improving.

Reply to topic Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2